6 - 8
How to cook Moroccan Fish Tagine (Baked Halibut)
- 3 pounds halibut, cod or haddock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 large onions, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame oil)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- Clean the halibut, remove bones, head, and tail. Cut the cleaned fish into chunks.
- Drain and saute the halibut pieces lightly in oil. Add the onions and cook until they are lightly browned. Then arrange in a shallow baking pan with the onions on top of the fish. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Beat sesame oil and lemon juice together. Pour over the fish and stir lightly around it.
- Bake in a moderate oven 350°F for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and brown.
The Moroccan Fish Tagine (Baked Halibut) is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
A tajine or tagine is the name of a type of North African dish (Algeria, Morocco, Libya and Tunisia) as well as the special pot in which they are cooked.
This recipe for Moroccan Fish Tagine (Baked Halibut) serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Moroccan Fish Tagine (Baked Halibut) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Baked