How to cook Moroccan Fish with Almond Paste (Hut Benoua)
- 4 snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound almonds, pureed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon saffron
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the snapper fillets with salt and oil. Blend almonds, butter, orange juice, cinnamon, sugar and enough water to make a smooth paste together.
- Coat the snapper fillets with almond paste. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle on onions, saffron and 1/4 cup water.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes at 375°F.
The Moroccan Fish with Almond Paste (Hut Benoua) is a very affordable African dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Moroccan Fish with Almond Paste (Hut Benoua) serves/makes: 4
The Moroccan Fish with Almond Paste (Hut Benoua) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked