How to cook Moroccan Fish with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 pound boneless firm white-fleshed fish, skinned
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaved parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 small red chilies, cut in half, seeded and finely sliced
- 4 green onions, including some green, finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Lemon or lime juice (optional)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- Cut fish across grain into 3/4 x 3/4 inch squares. Combine onion, garlic, cilantro parsley, paprika, chili powder, olive oil and lemon juice and spoon over fish cubes. Mix well and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place fish on metal skewers and broil, turning frequently until lightly browned on all sides.
- To make Tomato Sauce: Combine tomatoes, chilies, green onions and cilantro in a bowl, add olive oil and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon or lime juice and chopped onion if using.
- Allow the tomato sauce to stand for at least an hour in refrigerator before serving with fish.
The Moroccan Fish with Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Fish could be barbecued instead of grilled. This type of tomato sauce or salsa makes a very good quick sauce for fish. Allow tomatoes to drain in a strainer for at least 30 minutes to get rid of excess water.
This recipe for Moroccan Fish with Fresh Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 6
The Moroccan Fish with Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe is adopted from A Taste of Africa:
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled