2 - 4
How to cook Moroccan Fried Shad
- 1 (1 1/4 to 1 1/2-pound / 560 to 680-g) shad
- 1 bunch Arab parsley
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) paprika
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL0 caraway
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- A few saffron sprigs, minced or 1 aromatic cube
- Green olives (optional)
- Scale, oil and cut shad into individual servings.
- Sprinkle shad with flour.
- Fry shad into a little hot fat, over very low heat, until done.
- Keep warm.
- Serve shad, sprinkled with arab parsley mixture.
Arab Parsley Mixture
- Mince together arab parsley and coriander.
- Mix together minced arab parsley and coriander, paprika, caraway, salt, pepper, lemon juice and minced saffron stems or crumbled aromatic cube.
It is only possible to buy shad during a short period of time every year.
Serve along with any desired vegetables.
This recipe for Moroccan Fried Shad serves/makes: 2 - 4
The Moroccan Fried Shad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed