6 - 7 servings
How to cook Moroccan Fried Stuffed Sardines
- 12-14 large fresh sardines, cleaned and butterflied* (divided in 2 parts)
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander (kusbara), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kamoun (cumin)
- Olive oil (for sauce and frying)
- Flour (for breading)
- To prepare Spicy-Green stuff: Combine in the glass bowl parsley, coriander (kusbara), garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, kamoun (cumin) and salt.
- In the cup mix chili powder and 2-3 tablespoons olive oil and pour to the bowl. Mix well.
- Place the first part of sardines on the baking paper, skin side down.
- Put on each sardine Spicy-Green stuff, covering the fish completely.
- Top each sardine with another sardine, skin side up.
- Gently roll this "sandwich" in flour on both sides.
- Fry in olive oil until golden brown.
- Serve the Moroccan Fried Stuffed Sardines hot.
The Moroccan Fried Stuffed Sardines
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
*How to butterfly sardines:
- Cut the fish head.
- Using scissors or a knife, cut along the belly from head to tail and remove the entrails.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water.
- Lift the backbone away from the flesh.
- Pull the bone gently away from the flesh.
- At its tail cut off with scissors.
- If possible, remove the small bones with some tweezers.
- Spread the fish so that it becomes flat.
This recipe for Moroccan Fried Stuffed Sardines serves/makes: 6 - 7 servings
The Moroccan Fried Stuffed Sardines recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed