2 - 4 servings
How to cook Mouthwatering Pomfret Fry in Banana Leaf
- 2 piece pomfret, about 1 pound each
- 1 piece ginger
- 8 cloves garlic
- 5 small onion
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 10 curry leafs
- Banana leaf
- Grind garlic, ginger, chilli powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and salt .Make it in to a paste form .Apply the paste on the pomfret make sure there is enough paste to cover the finish.
- Fry the fish lightly until the pomfret skin surface is golden brown now remove the fish and place it on the banana leaf and cover the fish properly with the leaf.
- Now place the tawa (cooking utensil) on a light flame, when its hot place the two fishes wrapped in the banana leaf on top of it and fry it in a light flame.
- After cooking for some time remove the fish from the tawa .Serve the fish hot with a small serving of salad made onions, tomatoes and lime juice for topping.
This recipe for Mouthwatering Pomfret Fry in Banana Leaf serves/makes: 2 - 4 servings
The Mouthwatering Pomfret Fry in Banana Leaf recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pomfret
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed