How to cook Mullet Casserole with Broccoli
- 2 pounds mullet fillets, approximately 1/2 inch thick
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (3-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the mullet fillets in glass casserole dish.
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, onion, oregano and pepper and pour over the mullet fillets.
- Broil for 5 minutes remove from oven.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Combine reserved liquid, tomato paste and add enough water to make 10 ounces set aside.
- Cover top of the mullet fillets with broccoli then tomato sauce top with cheese.
- Return casserole to oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes.
The Mullet Casserole with Broccoli is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 20 minutes.
Pompano, Spanish mackerel
are excellent substitutes for mullet.
This recipe for Mullet Casserole with Broccoli serves/makes: 4
The Mullet Casserole with Broccoli recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Baked