How to cook Mushroom Bagna Cauda - Italian Dip
- 1 (2 ounces) can anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounces) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups half and half
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and anchovies until the garlic has mellowed, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the mushroom soup, cream, and half and half turn heat to low and cook for 45 minutes, making sure the mixture does not boil.
- Serve hot as dip.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread, raw cabbage wedges, lettuce, bread sticks or crackers.
The Mushroom Bagna Cauda - Italian Dip is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
An Italian favorite, Bagna Cauda
is a warm dip served with fresh vegetables as an appetizer. Literally translated from Piedmontese dialect, it means "warm sauce". Bagna Cauda
is usually served with cardoons, fennel, peppers, celery and carrots, much like Pinzimonio.
This recipe for Mushroom Bagna Cauda - Italian Dip serves/makes: 6
The Mushroom Bagna Cauda - Italian Dip recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Appetizer