4 - 6 servings
How to cook Mushroom and White Fish Paella
- 1 pound pollock fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, diced (roughly 1 cup)
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- In a 12-inch cast-iron (or nonstick) skillet heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and celery. Heat slightly, 12 minutes.
- Add rice and saute until lightly toasted and shiny, 12 minutes.
- Simmer over medium-high heat, uncovered and undisturbed, for 10 min. If your mixture begins to dry out add 1/2 cup of water or stock.
- After 10 minutes, lower the heat to medium and continue cooking until the rice is tender. (When you are finished, you should have a slight crispness to the bottom layer of rice. Not burnt, mind you, just a slight crisp browning. If you start to smell burning during the cooking process, turn your heat down.)
- Serve the Mushroom and White Fish Paella hot.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
The Mushroom and White Fish Paella recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This makes Paella a fantastic one-dish meal that is incredibly versatile and brings out the flavors of whichever ingredients you have on hand.
This recipe for Mushroom and White Fish Paella serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Mushroom and White Fish Paella recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered