How to cook Mussel Pasta
- 1 pound fresh mussels
- 10 ounces fettuccini
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Boil fettuccini noodles until done drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat saute pan, add olive oil, sear garlic. Add white wine and mussels. Steam 4-5 minutes.
- Add cream and pesto, reduce sauce by a third.
Add Parmesan, then pasta.
- Arrange mussels around edge of a bowl, place pasta in center, pour sauce over top.
This recipe for Mussel Pasta serves/makes: 4
The Mussel Pasta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Pasta