How to cook Mussels - Italian Cuisine
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) farm-grown mussels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped leek
- 1 (28-ounce / 796-mL) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Italian seasonings
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion salt
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully sort, scrub and wash mussels.
- Arrange mussels into a large casserole cook, covered, without adding any water, over medium-high heat, for approximately 5 minutes (until shells open-up - throw away unopened ones).
- 2 minutes before the end, pour in dry white wine and mix in green onion, leek, stewed tomatoes, green pepper, red pepper, parsley flakes, Italian seasonings, garlic and onion salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
This recipe for Mussels - Italian Cuisine serves/makes: 4
The Mussels - Italian Cuisine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered