6 - 8
How to cook Mussels Arrabiata
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 cans (15-ounce) Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 6 ounces black olives, pitted and halved
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Warm crusty bread to serve
- 1 Clean the mussels thoroughly in plenty of cold water and remove any beards from the shells. Place the mussels in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Change the water frequently before cooking and leave in the refrigerator until required for cooking.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sweat the onion, garlic and chilli until soft, but not coloured. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil, then simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the tomato sauce and return sauce to the boil. Add the mussels. Cover and carefully shake the pan. Cook the mussels for 5-7 minutes or until the shells have opened.
- Add the olives to the pan and cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes to warm through. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Mussels Arrabiata immediately with warm crusty bread.
The Mussels Arrabiata recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
in Italian means “Angry”. All'arrabbiata means "angry style". Usually it refers to a spicy tomato sauce. It's named as such due to the heat of the peppers.
This recipe for Mussels Arrabiata serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Mussels Arrabiata recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed