1 pound of mussels in the shell per person
How to cook Mussels Fecamp Style
- Large mussels
- 7 tablespoons (100 ml) cider
- Salad of celeriac
- Herbs, very finely chopped (comprising if possible ordinary parsley, French parsley, tarragon and chives)
- Heat the mussels in a deep pan with cider.
- When they have all opened, take them out of their shells and strain the cooking liquid.
- Prepare separately a salad of celeriac with vinaigrette.
- Arrange this in the bottom of a salad dish and cover it with the mussels.
- Take some mayonnaise and dilute it slightly with some of the strained cooking liquid.
- Put the mayonnaise over the mussels.
- Sprinkle on top some very finely chopped herbs.
The Mussels Fecamp Style is unusual recipe, wich is suitable for large mussels. The French name of this recipe is Moules a la Fecampoise
The general guideline commonly used when buying mussels is to allow one pound (450 g) of mussels in the shell per person for a main dish and one-half pound (225 g) per person for a side dish or appetizer.
This recipe for Mussels Fecamp Style serves/makes: 1 pound of mussels in the shell per person
The Mussels Fecamp Style Recipe adopted from the book North Atlantic Seafood.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Salad