How to cook Mussels and Fettucine Noodles
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) fresh mussels, in shells
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- 3 cups (750 mL) fettucine noodles
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) canned small peas, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Into a large casserole, mix together mussels, white wine, green onion, parsley and crushed peppercorns.
- Cover cook over high heat, until shells open-up (throw away unopened shells).
- Remove mussels from shells, reserving liquid reserve, hot.
- Strain liquid through 2 thicknesses cotton cheese cloth set aside.
- Into a casserole, melt butter mix in and brown flour for 2 minutes.
- Pour in reserved mussels liquid and cream simmer until creamy and reserve.
- Boil fettucine noodles in boiling, salted water drain and mix noodles with peas, slightly warmed peas.
- Arrange noodles onto individual plates cover noodles with mussels and coat with creamy sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Brown in a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven, for 5 minutes.
This recipe for Mussels and Fettucine Noodles serves/makes: 6
The Mussels and Fettucine Noodles recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Pasta