How to cook Mussels in Fennel Sauce
- 6 dozen mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 8 tablespoons butter (5 tablespoons cut into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel
- 1/2 cup court bouillon or clam broth
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Finely cut chives
- Finely chopped fennel leaves
- In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallot and saute it until soft.
- Add the mussels, wine, fennel and court bouillon or clam broth. Cover the pot and bring the contents to a boil.
- Shaking the pot occasionally, steam the mussels for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the shells open.
- Remove the mussels, take the meat out of the shells and set the meat aside. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Strain the cooking liquid and boil it to reduce it to about 1 cup. Add the cream and, stirring frequently, boil until the sauce lightly coats the back of a spoon. Gradually whisk in the butter pieces.
- Stir the mussels into the sauce and season the mixture with salt, pepper and cayenne. Add the chives and fennel leaves.
- Serve the Mussels in Fennel Sauce immediately.
The Mussels in Fennel Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Mussels in Fennel Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Mussels in Fennel Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Steamed