How to cook Mussels in Marinara Sauce
- 24 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 white onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 3/4 cup tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 small bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To cook Marinara Sauce: Saute onions and garlic in oil until onions are transparent. Add tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Add half the wine, reduce, then add remaining wine, tomato, herbs, and seasoning. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Cover and steam mussels in a small amount of water over high heat until open (5 to 8 minutes).
- Pour the Marinara sauce over mussels and serve.
The Mussels in Marinara Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
(mariner's) sauce is an Italian red sauce usually made with tomatoes, garlic, herbs (such as basil), and onion.
This recipe for Mussels in Marinara Sauce serves/makes: 2 servings
The Mussels in Marinara Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Steamed