How to cook Mussels with Mayonnaise
- 3 dozen mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup mayonnaise, flavored with a little lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Set the mussels over high heat in a large, nonreactive pot and pour the wine over them. Cover and steam them for 5 minutes, shaking the pot frequently.
- Remove the mussels and discard the surplus half shells. (If the mussels are small, arrange them two to a half shell, but if they are of a good size leave them one in each shell). Set the mussels aside to cool.
- Strain the cooking broth, boil to reduce it to about a quarter of its original volume, and cool.
- Blend the mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of the reduced mussel broth.
- Spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the mussels, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The Mussels with Mayonnaise recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Mussels with Mayonnaise serves/makes: 3 servings
The Mussels with Mayonnaise recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Steamed