How to cook Neptune's Scallops
- 1 pound (454 g) whole large scallops
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Lemon rind (optional)
- Into a large fry pan, brown together green onions and garlic in hot olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Mix in scallops and lemon juice cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until skin comes off scallops.
- Do not overcook scallops.
- Remove scallops onto 4 individual plates, over lettuce leaves.
- Pour white wine into fry pan salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir, scraping bottom.
- Evenly pour sauce over scallops.
- Decorate each plate, to taste, with fresh parsley or lemon rind.
This recipe for Neptune's Scallops serves/makes: 3
The Neptune's Scallops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed