How to cook New Zealand Baked Tarakihi (Ocean Bream)
- 4 Tarakihi (Ocean Bream) steaks, about 6 ounces each
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine butter with mustard seeds, garlic, seasoning and thyme.
- Place each steak in the centre of a sheet of greaseproof paper. Spread butter over the fish and top with tomatoes.
- Draw up the corners of the greaseproof paper and fold over tightly to form a parcel.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven 200ºC, gas mark 6 for 20 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Serve in the paper with the parcel opened, accompanied by mange tout and potato wedges or new potatoes.
Tarakihi, also known as ocean bream or silver bream, has firm, moist white flesh and is suitable for all methods of cooking, especially frying.
This recipe for New Zealand Baked Tarakihi (Ocean Bream) serves/makes: 4
The New Zealand Baked Tarakihi (Ocean Bream) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: New Zealand
(more New Zealand