How to cook New Zealand Broiled Orange Roughy
- 6 orange roughy fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger. peeled & minced
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- Lemon quarters to serve
- Place the orange roughy fillets in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine water, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce and crushed red pepper and process in a blender until smooth.
- Pour over the orange roughy fillets, cover and marinate in refrigerator about 2 hours.
- Remove the marinated orange roughy fillets from the marinade and coat both sides with sesame seeds.
- Spray broiler pan with non-stick vegetable spray and preheat broiler.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Keep the door propped open slightly.
- Don't overcook!
- Serve the New Zealand Broiled Orange Roughy with lemon quarters.
The New Zealand Broiled Orange Roughy is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe.
Don't be afraid to substitute
, or any other white fish for orange roughy
This recipe for New Zealand Broiled Orange Roughy serves/makes: 6
The New Zealand Broiled Orange Roughy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled
Cuisine: New Zealand
(more New Zealand