4 - 6
How to cook Northern Pike Polish Style
- 1 (about 2 pounds) northern pike (perch or other white fish), dressed
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Water Topping:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Put northern pike into a large kettle. Add carrot, onion, celery, peppercorns, and salt. Add enough water to cover. Cover, boil gently about 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in skillet. Add chopped eggs, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When fish is cooked, set it on a warm platter. Spoon topping over fish. Serve the Northern Pike Polish Style with boiled potatoes.
The Polish name for the Northern Pike Polish Style dish is Szczupak po Polsku
This recipe for Northern Pike Polish Style serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Northern Pike Polish Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered