How to cook Nut-Crusted Flounder Fillets
- 4 flounder fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lightly dust flounder fillets with flour.
- Combine crumbs and nuts in a flat pan.
- Beat egg yolk and whites with 2 tbsp. water in another pan.
- Heat oil in skillet. Dredge each flounder fillet in egg wash, then in crumb-nut mixture.
- Saute flounder fillets on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully place fish on bake-and-serve platter and bake for 5 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
The Nut-Crusted Flounder Fillets is a very affordable dish and it can be ready in 15 - 20 minutes. This recipe is also good with haddock
This recipe for Nut-Crusted Flounder Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Nut-Crusted Flounder Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked