How to cook Ocean Perch with Rice Delight
- 4 ocean perch fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup Basmati rice*
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 1 cup sliced red capsicum
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- Saute onion, beans and capsicum in pan with 1 tablespoon of oil until tender.
- Using a separate saucepan saute drained rice in 1 tablespoon of olive oil with salt for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to the rice, bring to boil and cook with lid on saucepan until liquid is fully absorbed.
- When rice is cooked add vegetables to the rice.
- Cube the ocean perch fillets and fry lightly on all sides in a separate pan, using a tablespoon of olive oil. Don't over-cook.
- Serve the fried ocean perch and rice on a bed of baby rocket (green stuff), and garnish with quartered lemon.
The Ocean Perch with Rice Delight recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
If rocket (arugula) is not available just use another green leaf lettuce.
is a variety of long grain rice, grown in India and Pakistan notable for its fragrance and delicate, nuanced flavor. The grains of basmati rice are longer than most other types of rice.
This recipe for Ocean Perch with Rice Delight serves/makes: 4
The Ocean Perch with Rice Delight recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed