How to cook Octopus Fritters
- 2 small octopus (about 1 1/2 pounds each), cleaned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Drip the octopus into a large kettle of rapidly boiling water and boil, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into ice water. Using a coarse brush, scrape away the purple skin. Cut off the legs and chop fine. Discard the head.
- Mix together the onions, salt, eggs and flour to form a batter. Then stir in the minced octopus.
- Shape into flat cakes about 3 inches in diameter. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet, and brown the octopus fritters well on each side.
- Serve the Octopus Fritters hot with butter.
The Octopus Fritters recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Octopus Fritters serves/makes: 8
The Octopus Fritters recipe is adopted from The American Indian Cooking & Herb Lore - 1973.
Main Ingredient: Various Seafood
(more Various Seafood
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried