How to cook Olives Filled with Piquillo and Anchovy
- 8 extra-large green olives, unpitted
- 4 oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 2 piquillo peppers*
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Using the flat side of a knife, press each olive until pit pops out, being careful not to split the olive in half. Cut the anchovy fillets lengthwise to create 8 long slices, and cut the piquillo peppers into 8 (1/2-inch-wide) strips.
- Place 1 anchovy slice and 1 pepper strip in each olive. You can be generous with the filling, allowing the anchovy and pepper to spill out of the olive.
- Split open garlic clove by placing it on a chopping board and pressing down hard with the base of your hand or with the flat side of a knife.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, orange zest and vinegar. Place stuffed olives in dressing and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Then sprinkle with a little sea salt and arrange on a plate, with toothpicks for serving.
The Spanish Olives Filled with Piquillo and Anchovy recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
*Piquillo is Spanish wood-roasted sweet pepper available in jars at specialty markets.
This recipe for Olives Filled with Piquillo and Anchovy serves/makes: 4
The Spanish Olives Filled with Piquillo and Anchovy recipe is adopted from Pasadena Star News - Tuesday, April 25, 2006.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked