How to cook Orange Baked Flounder
- 2 flounder fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 6 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Layer half the mushrooms and green onions in the baking dish.
- Add flounder fillets and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cover fillet with remaining green onions and mushrooms.
- Combine wine, orange juice, sherry, olive oil and soy sauce drizzle over the flounder fillets.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily when touched with a fork.
- Remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle with parsley. Serve the Orange Baked Flounder immediately.
The Orange Baked Flounder recipe also good with haddock
This recipe for Orange Baked Flounder serves/makes: 2
The Orange Baked Flounder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked