How to cook Orange Baked Smelts
- 2 pounds smelts (thawed and pressed)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Arrange smelts in greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine melted butter with orange juice and rind.
- Pour over smelts.
- Bake in 450°F oven about 10 minutes.
The Orange Baked Smelts is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 15 minutes.
Fresh smelts should be stored refrigerated at 32°F to 40°F (0°C to 4°C), excess liquid drained, packed into airtight containers and eaten within 3 to 4 days, or 1 to 2 days when fried.
Smelts should be frozen at 0°F (-18°C), into airtight food containers, immediately after buying bought frozen, smelts should be eaten within 4 to 6 months for maximum freshness.
This recipe for Orange Baked Smelts serves/makes: 4
The Orange Baked Smelts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Baked