How to cook Orange Flavored Halibut Fillets
- 2 pounds (1 kg) fresh or frozen halibut fillets
- Grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon (0,5 mL) nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced parsley
- Simply rub fresh fish fillets for a few minutes with paper toweling.
- If needed, thaw frozen fish fillets for 1 hour, before cooking.
- Roll thawed fish in paper toweling to remove any humidity.
- Arrange fish fillets into one layer, into a large well buttered microwave-safe dish.
- Mix together orange rind and juice, butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg pour over fish.
- Microwave for 10 to 12 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', until fish is easily broken-up with a fork.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes transfer fish fillets into a warm serving plate.
- Sprinkle fish all over with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 12 minutes
Waiting time: 5 minutes
Delicious whether it is served hot or cold. It is usually easy to find frozen halibut
This recipe for Orange Flavored Halibut Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Orange Flavored Halibut Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Microwave