6 - 8
How to cook Orange Roughy Fillets with Basil Sauce
- 8 orange roughy or sole fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canned diluted chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add broth and sherry; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in chives, basil, and thyme. Set aside.
- Place fillets in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange tomato slices over fillets. Spoon sauce over tomatoes and fillets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 300°F (150°C) for 30 to 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve the Orange Roughy Fillets with Basil Sauce immediately.
The Orange Roughy Fillets with Basil Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Orange Roughy Fillets with Basil Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Orange Roughy Fillets with Basil Sauce recipe is adopted from The America's Best Recipes - 1989.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Baked