How to cook Orange Roughy with Italian Rice
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- 3 cups (750 mL) soaked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 3 cups (750 mL) boiled brown rice
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cans stewed tomatoes (2 for those who love tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 can pitted ripe olives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer drained garbanzo beans into a 2 1/2-quart (1.5-L) saucepan filled with water, over medium heat drain.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix together boiled brown rice, chopped onion, stewed tomatoes, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat until hot mix in drained garbanzo beans and ripe olives.
- Spoon rice mixture into an ungreased baking dish.
- Layer fish fillets over rice mixture.
- Brush all over with vegetable oil sprinkle with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bake into preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This recipe for Orange Roughy with Italian Rice serves/makes: 4
The Orange Roughy with Italian Rice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Baked