How to cook Orange Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 green and/or red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Blend lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, oil, honey and oregano in small bowl.
- Place shrimp and 1/3 cup juice mixture in nonmetal bowl or plastic bag refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Reserve remaining juice mixture.
- Remove shrimp, discarding marinade.
- Place shrimp alternately with pepper pieces on metal skewers.*
- Grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, brushing with reserved marinade.
*Wooden skewers may be substituted. Soak skewers in water for 1 hour before using.
To thread shrimps onto skewers, fold one end towards the inside, so that skewer penetrates each shrimp into 3 places, to prevent shrimps from moving around while turning skewers.
This recipe for Orange Shrimp Kabobs serves/makes: 4
The Orange Shrimp Kabobs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue