How to cook Ormers (Abalones) with Brittany Butter
- 1 dozen large or 18 medium ormers (abalones)
- Butter for frying
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 7 ounces (200 g) demi-sel butter (butter from France)
- 1 clove garlic, pounded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, very finely chopped
- Open ormers (abalones), clean and well tenderize. Fry in ordinary butter until brown, then drain and lay out in an oven dish.
- Meanwhile, chop very finely a small shallot and marinated it in Muscadet for 3 or 4 hours.
- Combine this with demi-sel butter, a pounded clove of garlic, very finely chopped parsley and a little pepper.
- Mix thoroughly, spread over the ormers and put the dish in a moderately hot oven 400° / 200°C (gas 6) for 5 minuets.
- Serve the baked ormers (abalones) hot.
The French name of this recipe is Ormeaux au Beurre Breton
is a type of dry French white wine.
This recipe for Ormers (Abalones) with Brittany Butter serves/makes: 6
The Ormers (Abalones) with Brittany Butter Recipe adopted from the book North Atlantic Seafood.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Baked