How to cook Oven Cooked Whitefish
- 4 whitefish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Dip whitefish fillets in the milk mixed with salt and pepper; then coat with cornmeal.
- Heat half the oil in a baking pan. Arrange whitefish fillets and sprinkle with remaining oil.
- Bake at 475°F (245°C) for 20 minutes, or until fish has browned and flakes easily.
- Serve the Oven Cooked Whitefish hot with your favorite sauce.
The Oven Cooked Whitefish recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Oven Cooked Whitefish serves/makes: 4
The Oven Cooked Whitefish recipe is adopted from The Native Indian Cookbook - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Baked