3 - 4 servings
How to cook Oven Fried Smelt
- 1 pound smelt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In 425°F (220°C) oven heat butter and oil in 15x10-inch jelly roll pan until butter is melted.
- Mix remaining ingredients except smelt. Coat smelt with flour mixture; place in pan.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes; turn fish. Bake uncovered until fish flakes easily with fork, about 5 minutes longer.
The Oven Fried Smelt recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Oven Fried Smelt serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Oven Fried Smelt recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Baked