2 - 4 servings
How to cook Oven Grilled Zander (Walleye)
- 1 pound zander (walleye)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Ground lemongrass to taste, optional
- Herbs (like thyme, oregano) to taste, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- For Serving:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Lemon slices
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Score the surface of the fish with a sharp knife in 3 or 4 places, to help the flavors penetrate better. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemongrass and herbs if used, on all the sides of the fish as well in the inside. Place them into a bowl, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C), grill function. Place the fish on the rack of the oven and place the rack on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, so all the grease can drip there. Sprinkle a little butter or olive oil over the fish. Place in the preheated oven.
- Let the fish cook for about 20-30 minutes or until the skin is crispy and a bit golden. Make sure you keep an eye on it as you don't want to let it burn.
- Meanwhile prepare the sour cream mixture, by combining sour cream with minced garlic and salt.
- Remove the fish from the oven and serve the Grilled Halibut hot. The Oven Grilled Zander with the sour cream mixture and some lemon slices alongside you favorite side dish.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
The Oven Grilled Zander (Walleye) recipe easy to cook and so good!
This method is one of the easiest, for whenever grilling outside is not possible this oven method is healthy, quick and delicious.
Zander (walleye) has the meat very firm and white. The flavor is very delicate and the bones are easy to remove. If zander is not available in your area use this method presented here for any other type of firm fish. It will work as well.
Make some scores into the surface of the fish so all the good flavors combine. You can do that for either a whole fish or fish fillet.
This recipe for Oven Grilled Zander (Walleye) serves/makes: 2 - 4 servings
The Oven Grilled Zander (Walleye) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled