How to cook Paella with Shrimps, Mussels and Chicken
- 1/2 pound (227 g) shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 20 mussels, cleaned
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 pound (113 g) back bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) garlic, finely minced (2 cloves)
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 or 2 saffron threads
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) converted rice
- 1/4 pound (113 g) sliced pepperoni or chorizo
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon pieces from skillet reserve.
- Add chicken thighs to skillet brown for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken thighs from skillet set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the fat from the skillet.
- Add onion dices, minced garlic, red and green peppers dices fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Crumble saffron into skillet.
- Add rice and pepperoni or chorizo slices stir until coated and well distributed.
- Stir in water and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, arrange browned chicken thights on top of rice, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in peas, shrimps and mussels, keeping mussels close to the top.
- Cover, cook 5 to 7 more minutes until mussel shells open-up.
- Sprinkle with reserved crisp bacon pieces.
Paella is a rice dish, originally from Valencia, where it is eaten especially on Sundays and during the Falles. There are many variations of it with different ingredients.
This recipe for Paella with Shrimps, Mussels and Chicken serves/makes: 4
The Paella with Shrimps, Mussels and Chicken recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed