How to cook Paksiw na Galunggong
- 4 regular sized galunggong (mackerel shad), with or without head
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped spring onion (for garnishing)
- In a cooking pot put the vinegar, all the spices and fish cover and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer until it is fully cooked.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper to taste, then simmer until done.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion then serve Paksiw na Galunggong with white steamed rice.
The Paksiw na Galunggong
recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Paksiw na Isda
is an ideal dish for my family back in the days in the Philippines. This simple dish is not only delicious it also does not required refrigeration and not having have a refrigerator back then this dish was often found in out dining table since it can set for a couple of days without any worry that it will go bad.
This recipe for Paksiw na Galunggong serves/makes: 4 servings
The Paksiw na Galunggong recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew