How to cook Pan Fried Arctic Char with Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 4 Arctic char fillets (about 6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/2 ounce olive oil
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 orange segments, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary, to garnish
- Beurre Blanc sauce (see below)
Beurre Blanc Sauce Ingredients:
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil. Season the Arctic char fillets with salt and pepper, then add to the hot pan. Allow fish to cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pan fried Arctic char fillets from pan and place on top of warmed wild rice.
- Add Beurre Blanc Sauce around and over fish.
- Garnish the pan fried Arctic char fillets with chopped rosemary and orange segments.
How to cook Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary plus
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces butter, cold and cubed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a saucepot over medium heat add orange juice, white wine, orange zest and rosemary.
- Reduce to 1/2 cup of liquid. Strain and return to saucepot. Over medium heat whisk in the cream and bring to a low boil.
- Turn heat to low and whisk in cold cubes of butter.
- Remove rosemary sprig and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Reserve warm.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
The Pan Fried Arctic Char with Beurre Blanc Sauce is delicious, simple, and easy recipe, can be ready in 35 minutes.
Beurre Blanc — literally translated from French as "white butter". History of Beurre Blanc sauce: The story of its origin is one of serendipity. A French chef in western France forgot to use eggs when making a Béarnaise sauce for a fish dish he was serving. Uncounted culinary delights have been discovered this way.
This recipe for Pan Fried Arctic Char with Beurre Blanc Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Pan Fried Arctic Char with Beurre Blanc Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed