How to cook Pan Fried Arctic Char with Eggplant Puree
- 4 Arctic char fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, yellow and red
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fish stock
- Eggplant Puree (see below)
Eggplant Puree Ingredients:
- Score the char skin. Sear char on non-stick pan with olive oil at medium heat, skin side down. Allow to cook 3/4 of the way, then remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add garlic and cherry tomatoes. When garlic begins to turn golden, add white wine. Once the alcohol evaporates, add fish stock. Simmer for 5 minutes, add mint and butter. Simmer until creamy.
- To serve: Place eggplant mixture in the center of the plate, fillets on top, and surround the plate with remaining sauce from pan.
How to cook Eggplant Puree
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 garlic
- 1/2 jar sesame tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place eggplant and garlic in a deep baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until soft.
- Allow the eggplant to cool. Peel away the skin of the eggplant, and place the pulp (removing as many seeds as possible) in a food processor with the garlic (squeeze the roasted garlic out), lemon juice, cayenne pepper, coriander, tahini, and season with salt.
- Process until smooth.
This recipe for Pan Fried Arctic Char with Eggplant Puree serves/makes: 4
The Pan Fried Arctic Char with Eggplant Puree recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed