How to cook Pan Fried Hake with Coconut Rice and Asparagus
- 2 medium sized hake fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 5 to 6 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes
- 5 to 6 asparagus tips
- Cooking oil (I use rapeseed oil)
- Coconut Rice (see the recipe below)
Coconut Rice Ingredients:
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat and add a glug of oil and the salted butter. The reason for adding both butter and oil is so that the butter doesn't burn.
- Add the hake fillets, skin side down, along with the garlic, asparagus and tomatoes.
- Fry the fish for between 10 to 12 minutes, regularly pouring the butter/oil over the top of the fish using a spoon. (Don't flip the fish over, just keep it skin-side down and you'll get a lovely crispy skin at the end.)
- Lay the fried hake on a plate scattering the tomatoes across the plate and crossing a couple of asparagus over the top and serve the coconut rice.
How to cook Coconut Rice
- 4 ounces long grain rice rice (I used basmatic)
- 7 ounces water
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Bring water to the boil in a small saucepan and add a pinch of salt.
- Add the creamy part of the coconut milk (don't use the liquid) and then add the rice.
- Cover the pan and leave to for around 10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
The Pan Fried Hake with Coconut Rice and Asparagus recipe is so simple to execute, yet tastes so awesome!
Hake is a really meaty fish that’s readily available in most major supermarkets. It’s a white fish and tastes similar to cod but with more of a flaky texture. This makes it really versatile for cooking.
This recipe for Pan Fried Hake with Coconut Rice and Asparagus serves/makes: 2 servings
The Pan Fried Hake with Coconut Rice and Asparagus recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed