How to cook Pan Fried Perch
- 6 perch, snapper or other medium-firm fish fillets (about 4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- Vegetable oil or shortening
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, cornmeal or fine dry bread crumbs
- Heat oil (1/4-inch) in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of perch fillets with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg and water with fork or wire whisk until blended. Dip fish into egg, then coat with flour (cornmeal or fine dry bread crumbs).
- Fry fish in hatches in oil 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork and is brown on both sides. Fish cooks very quickly; be careful not to overcook.
- Remove fried fish fillets with dotted spoons, drain on double layer of paper towels.
The Pan Fried Perch recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Pan Fried Perch serves/makes: 6 servings
The Pan Fried Perch recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed