How to cook Pan Fried Pike Patties
- 1 1/2 pounds pike fillets, skin-on (I had cleaned whole pike 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4-6 slices white loaf
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Breadcrumbs for breading
- Oil for frying
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut it into medium pieces and mince with bread slices (soaked in milk and lightly drained from the extra milk) and onion in a mincer or food processor.
- Add to minced fish oregano, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and form the fish mince into 12 small round patties.
- Roll them in the breadcrumb and fry the patties in oil, over medium heat, until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve the fried pike patties hot with mashed potatoes, fresh vegetable salad and pickles.
The Pan Fried Pike Patties
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Pan Fried Pike Patties serves/makes: 12 patties
The Pan Fried Pike Patties recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed