How to cook Pan Fried Sea Bream with Chili Lime Butter
- 4 sea bream fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Begin by making the chili lime butter. Beat together the butter, chopped chili and parsley. Add the lime zest, then beat in 2 tablespoons of the lime's juice (discard any that's left). Season to taste.
- Put the butter on a piece of greaseproof paper and shape into a sausage with your fingers. Roll up the paper and gently roll the butter in it to form a smooth cylinder with no pockets of air. Chill until needed.
- Cut three diagonal slashes into the skin of each sea bream fillet. This stops them curling up as they cook. Put a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the oil. Lightly season the sea bream fillets and place flesh-side down in the oil. Fry until golden and no longer sticking, then turn over and cook, skin-side down. They should take 5-6 minutes in all but you may need to cook them in batches.
- Slice the butter into 1/5 inche discs. As soon as the fish is plated, put a couple of discs on each fillet.
- This dish is delicious served with wilted spinach.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe for Pan Fried Sea Bream with Chili Lime Butter serves/makes: 4
The Pan Fried Sea Bream with Chili Lime Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed