6 - 8 servings
How to cook Pan Fried Walleye Fillets
- 3 pounds fresh walleye fillets
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30-40 crackers (make medium sized crumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes or fresh-snipped parsley
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Remove the skin and bones from the walleye fillets and cut them into single serving size pieces. Rinse the walleye fillets and pat them dry.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and garlic powder and set it aside. In another mixing bowl, combine the milk and egg.
- In yet another bowl, mix the crackers, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Dust the walleye fillets in the seasoned flour, dip them in the milk and egg mixture, then dredge them in the cracker/cheese mix. Set the walleye fillets aside to rest for 5-10 minutes before frying them.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the canolla oil and fry the walleye fillets for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the fried walleye fillets from the skillet and drain the oil on to paper towels.
- Serve the Pan Fried Walleye Fillets with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
The Pan Fried Walleye Fillets is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Pan Fried Walleye Fillets serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Pan Fried Walleye Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed