4 - 8 cakes
How to cook Pan Fried Whitefish Cakes
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ocean whitefish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- Preheat boiler. Place the whitefish fillets on foil lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil, season with salt and pepper, and broil the fillet until it is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Place half the cooked the whitefish fillets in a food processor with 1 egg, half and half, mustard and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs. Puree until smooth. Flake the remaining whitefish fillets into a mixing bowl. Stir in pureed fish and 3 tablespoons chives. Beat the remaining egg in a wide bowl.
- Place the remaining bread crumbs on a plate. Form the whitefish fish mixture into 4 large or 8 small cakes. Dip each cake in the egg mixture and dredge in crumbs.
- Heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over a medium heat.
- Fry the whitefish fish cakes for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.Sprinkle the fried whitefish fish cakes with remaining chives.
- Serve with tartar or horseradish sauce and lemon wedges.
This recipe for Pan Fried Whitefish Cakes serves/makes: 4 - 8 cakes
The Pan Fried Whitefish Cakes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed