How to cook Pan Fried Whitefish with Avocado Salad
- 4 whitefish fillets (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 whole lettuce leaves
- Avocado salad (see below)
Avocado Salad Ingredients:
- In small bowl combine cornmeal, flour, chili powder, and salt and place mixture on wax paper, then coat whitefish fillets.
- Heat 12-inch skillet until hot over medium-high heat and melt 1-tablespoon butter or margarine. Add coated whitefish fillets to pan and fry on one side for 4 minutes.
- Flip whitefish fillets, add remaining butter or margarine, reduce heat to medium and fry additional 4 to 6 minutes or until whitefish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the pan fried whitefish fillets and the avocado salad on whole lettuce leaves.
How to cook Avocado Salad
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 10 ounce package frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
To prepare avocado salad, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
This recipe for Pan Fried Whitefish with Avocado Salad serves/makes: 4
The Pan Fried Whitefish with Avocado Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed