How to cook Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi with Strawberry Sauce
- 12 ounces mahi-mahi fillet, approximately 1 inch thick
- 16 Florida strawberries, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of lavender or mint (I used dried but go with fresh if available!)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Make a quick marinade: combine one tablespoon olive oil, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar in a bowl.
- Add the mahi-mahi to marinate. Gently turn the mahi-mahi over once or twice so that it gets well coated with the marinade. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Make the strawberry sauce: combine 12 of the strawberries, garlic, basil, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, honey, salt and lavender in a food processor. Puree to liquefy the ingredients. You have your strawberry sauce!
- Slice the remaining 4 strawberries and set aside for finishing the dish.
- Spray a skillet with cooking oil and heat the pan on medium-high.
- When the pan is good and hot, remove the mahi-mahi from the marinade and gently shake off some of the excess marinades. Place the fish skin-side down, and cook for 5 minutes without moving the fish. The skin will be getting nice and crispy underneath.
- Use a spatula to turn the fish over to cook with the skin side down for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the fish back to the skin side one more time, and cook for another 2 minutes. At this point, gently cut open the fish at a thick spot to check for doneness. You want to get it so it has turned white throughout, but not overcooked. When the fish is cooked sufficiently, remove from the pan to a plate, and loosely tent with foil. Let it rest a couple of minutes before serving.
- Plate a portion of the mahi-mahi, topped by a couple generous scoops of the strawberry sauce. Add a few slices on top of the sauce to finish the dish. Serve with a green salad.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 27 mins
The Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi with Strawberry Sauce recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi with Strawberry Sauce serves/makes: 2 servings
The Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi with Strawberry Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed