How to cook Pan Seared Mahi Mahi
- 4 Mahi-Mahi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 lemon, for juicing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except Mahi-Mahi fillets, in a jar and shake until they are emulsified. (Or whisk together in a bowl.) Pour over Mahi Mahi fillets and allow to marinade for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- There is oil in the marinade that should prevent it from sticking - but use your discretion based on your history with your saute pan!
- Place all 4 fillets in the pan with space between them (do not crowd - if your pan is not big enough, cook in batches).
- Allow fish to cook without turning until nicely browned, about 4 minutes.
- Flip fish and allow them to brown on the other side, also about 4 minutes. Fish will flake when done.
- Remove seared mahi-mahi from the pan and serve hot!
- Goes well with Ratatouille (see the recipe below).
How to cook Ratatouille
- Serves: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, or enough to coat the bottom of your pan add additional if your veggies are too dry and stick to the bottom of your pan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium squash, chopped
- 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms or the variety you prefer
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon your favorite fresh chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, basil) - optional
- 1 bay leaves - optional
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch Oven, or large heavy-bottomed pan, over medium heat. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add garlic and allow it to cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add onions and carrots and allow them to cook, stirring occasionally until they begin to soften, about 5-6 minutes. If you are including bay leaf, add it now. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Add zucchini and squash, salt and pepper this layer lightly, and allow to cook with carrots and onions, stirring to combine then occasionally and gently to prevent burning on the bottom, until they also begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushroom, tomatoes, and any herbs you plan to include, salt and pepper this layer lightly, and allow to cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently to combine and prevent burning on the bottom.
- Remove bay leaves. Transfer to a serving dish and top with fresh parsley.
For Roasted Mahi-Mahi - prep time: 5 mins, cook time: 10 mins, marinated time: 1 hour
For Ratatouille - prep time: 15 mins, cook time: 25 mins
Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Pan Seared Mahi Mahi serves/makes: 4 servings
The Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed