4 - 6
How to cook Panko Crusted Spanish Mackerel
- 4 Spanish mackerel fillets
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups Japanese style Panko bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Old Bay to taste
- Tartar sauce to serve
- Heat fry daddy (or oil in a pot) until oil is shimmering.
- Quarter each Spanish mackerel fillet into smaller pieces.
- Place flour into a shallow dish and flavor with Old Bay to your liking, mix egg and milk in a bowl, and then place Panko bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dredge mackerel pieces in flour, then place in egg wash, then place into dish with Panko crumbs to cover.
- Deep fry fish until golden brown.
- Salt to taste immediately after removing from fry daddy.
- Serve the Panko Crusted Spanish Mackerel with tartar sauce.
This recipe for Panko Crusted Spanish Mackerel serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Panko Crusted Spanish Mackerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Submitted by Patrick Knittel - 10.19.2008
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried