How to cook Parmesan Broiled Porgy Fillets
- 2 pounds porgy (flounder or red snapper) fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 or 2 dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- Thinly sliced lemon and parsley for garnish, optional
- Combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, salt, butter, spring onions, and hot sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the porgy fillets in a single layer on a greased baking dish or broiler pan and brush fish with lemon juice.
- Broil fillets 4 to 6 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven and spread with cheese mixture.
- Broil about 30 seconds longer, or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Garnish the Parmesan Broiled Porgy Fillets with sliced lemon and parsley if desired and serve immediately.
This easy broiled flounder is cooked with a delicious and savory Parmesan topping. The Parmesan Broiled Porgy Fillets is a quick and easy dish to prepare and cook.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Porgy, also known as scup, is a lean fish with a coarse texture and delicate flavor, consisting of a large family of fish found in temperate and tropical waters all over the world.
This recipe for Parmesan Broiled Porgy Fillets serves/makes: 6 servings
The Parmesan Broiled Porgy Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Porgy
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled